Friday, October 21, 2011

Daily Muse: Frida Kahlo

I really want to start a new painting... but I've had the oddest feeling lately! I'm so inpsired by artists who are unafraid to paint what they feel, and stay true to themselves. I often find myself wanting to start a new piece while trying to drown out worries of what people would think. Am I becoming the portrait only artist? What are people thinking?

"I am not sick. I am broken.
But I am happy as long as I can paint."
Frida Kahlo

Love a woman like Frida who makes you remember why not to care, and to pursue your dreams with abandon to judgement. Her pieces, inspired by her tragic life of heartbreak, accidents, and medical operations- are filled with pain. They make no appologies, and are shocking but wonderful. Here are some of her more tame peices, but please do take a look see at some of here other work. I admit I was totally confused why her paintings were so 'crazy' until I looked into her life, and now I love them. Read more about here life HERE. Be sure to check our our dear Frida.
xo and happy friday






No comments:

Post a Comment